Sunday, May 19, 2013

HI Cry Baby..

I made it to full term (for twins) 36 Weeks!! So with me having ONE week left of being pregnant.. I can tell you that I've been pretty emotional all day.. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of 'pregnancy hormones' get ready.. it sucks.. and its ridiculous. This is foreign to me, because I'm NOT one of 'those' people.. In fact, I've truly hated the pregnancy Hormones because I'm not a high feeler, so when I would hear women go on and on about pregnancy Glow (which twin moms don't seem to have by the way, lol) the creation of life, the joys of kicks and all that fluff, I did NOT understand it.
I often have thought that MJ would have loved me to be "more feeling".. However, I am pretty sure that he will now tell you that he is so ready for me to be back to my non-feeling self.. lol..Being that at any given time he can walk in and I will be crying so hard and laughing at the same time that I'm sure I must seem like a crazy person.

Things just seem to make me emotional.. Here's some examples of things that have led me into sobbing hysterically, then laughing because  know how ridiculous I am.. I really hate it..

1) Faith Hill's "A Baby Changes Everything"
2) Christian The Lion I probably would have cried on this one too.. there is something about animals and elderly people that just lead me to sob.
3) 4 Year old Singing on Ellen.. This one made me cry because I can totally see this being one of my daughters.. Which made me happy, but also scared, so I started to cry..
4) Budweiser Horse-- In fairness, I probably would have cried about this before.. Animal commercials just kill me..
5) A walrus getting a birthday cake.. (geez, I dont even have an excuse for this one)

So as you can see, some of these things are just ridiculous.. I think I'm mostly scared of the unknown. I've never done ANYTHING without knowing I was going to excel at it.. Thats just the way I am.. I don't play sports that I can't win at.. I don't take classes I can't make good grades in.. I don't do radio unless its really good radio.. Well I know nothing about parenting..other that to dogs.. And while I do have amazing, smart, well behaved dogs.. I have to think that babies will be a little different.. lol.. People keep telling me that I'm going to be amazing at it.. And I do appreciate that.. But how do THEY know that? I don't.. I know that I don't do anything half-ass, so I will be doing it to the best of my ability, thats for sure! So I guess thats the best I can hope for..

The Good news is I married a man who WILL without a doubt be amazing.. Thank the Lord for that. MJ is sweet.. and he loves taking care of people. Both excellent parenting qualities. He will be so patient and caring with the girls (Unless they smash cheetos in his car, and then its questionable) and I know he will like teaching them things. He is a very high feeler, so he operates on how people feel and react.. He likes everyone to be happy all the time.. I am more intuitive and I have just been reading a million books hoping the knowledge seaps into my brain and becomes helpful.. I don't care what other people think..
Hopefully together that will be a magical parental combo!

Remember a few weeks ago when I told you the story about me planting flowers in the front yard like a tool and my belly was showing because I couldn't pull my shirt down with my muddy hands? Well.. I had hoped that no one really SAW me that day.. Apparently I was wrong.. 3 of our neighbors have now come up to Jordan and said "Is your wife pregnant?".. Lol.. Yeah, obviously they saw me out in the yard on all 4's trying to get up.. So I believe the neighborhood is aware.. Good thing is our neighborhood is awesome and they have already offered to help, and have even given us swings and such, so I guess my belly showing spectacle was not all bad.

I've also decided I should have ordered a shirt that said "Its twins, so don't judge me".. or "2 weeks left".. People keep looking at me like I should not be walking around in the world.. Its like they fear a baby is about to drop out of me at any time..There are also many 'pity' looks.. I've heard "Wow"..a LOT lately..

For our last weekend of freedom MJ and I have just enjoyed some time at the house, and then we went to the movies. I saw "Mud" with Matthew Mcoughnahay (however you spell that) and it was really good.. Kind of a coming of age movie. MJ watched the new Star Trek movie.. he said it was good too.. Then we went to eat at our new favorite place in the world.. Mama E's.. Have you been here yet? Its soul food place, and mm mm it makes us so happy!! Yesterday we had catfish with mac and cheese, collard greens, cornbread, homemade potato salad, and of course.. Cool aid.. Its so good. It was featured on "Diners, drive-ins, and Dives".. and we love it. Great people too. Speaking of food.. does anyone else find humor in the Braums commercal where the guy says "Wacka Mole-EE".. because it makes me laugh.

So.. by this time next week.. Hopefully the girls, MJ and I will be happily settled in our little recovery room.. Hopefully we will be enjoying their sweet, healthy faces, and hopefully we will be able to tell them apart so we don't look like fools..We would appreciate your prayers. I know this has been in God's hands the whole time, so I don't worry too much about that.

Stll no names peeps.. I'm starting to wonder if its going to happen.. We are going to try not to leave the hospital without them having names.. but they may have "A" and "B" on their birth certificates.. Isn't it funny how everyone has an opinion on what you should name your kids? We take this very seriously and we just want them to know that we didn't just name them Hooley Booley because we want their names to be special and unique just for them.. We already know they are special, so we want them to have a special name that goes with them..
 
"My whole life has turned around
I was lost but now I'm found
A baby changes everything,
yeah A baby changes everything"

 



No comments:

Post a Comment