Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Time Flies..

OH Timehop.. You Silly app! You make me feel so old when I look at you! Isn't that crazy.. when you see those things come up on your Facebook post.. Like "Brandon & KC Celebrate 8 Years of friendship".. WHAT! That seems crazy..

Today was the Girls first day of Mothers day Out At Crossings.. They were mostly excited for their new Nap Mats, and Backpacks.. with snacks in them. I chose to send them to Mothers day out, as Opposed to an actual Pre-K because of the days/times/Money.. It was more financially possible for us to send them to MDO because we are already paying for a full time nanny.. And since most 'schools' are not working parent hours, we just decided to keep the nanny, and then also do Mothers day out so they could hang out with other kids, and enjoy a day out a couple of times per week. They looked pretty cute as they went, and one of their teachers is a girl in my Sunday School class who has twins too, Miss Danielle.. So I'm hopeful she'll tell me if they act like little jerks..
 This past weekend was Rodeo weekend in Western Oklahoma.. and Gigi & Pa took the girls.. They had a GREAT time, and made it through the WHOLE rodeo (not getting into bed until 11pm!).. They had a great time though. Cille got to eat chicken on a stick, and they both found an inflatable Owl (for Cross) and an Inflatable Spiderman (For Cille).. They had box seats up high and they both loved watching everything going on below them. The Rodeo is a BIG deal in Elk City.. I always went to it when I was younger, so the girls are starting the tradition off right!
Jordan & I stayed behind and finished painting our Kitchen.. We painted our living room, and the kitchen was the same color, so it looked weird until we finished it. I was tired of seeing the green, so we went with a color called "Open air" and it really brightened things up. I can't say that I love painting above my cabinets.. because it was pretty awful, but the finished product is
nice. You can't tell that much in the pics, but its made a HUGE difference in the way it lightens up the place. That paint came from Sherwin Williams, and it was truly a One Coat.. and its reflective property was 75%.. so it really made a difference.


ON Saturday.. Brandon and Rachel Came over.. and.. We recorded a podcast! Now.. before you get too excited.. IT was pretty sucky.. But I have full faith we will get better. This was really just more of a 'get to know' you podcast.. So we are going to record another one on the 24th. We are all excited because its something fun to do.. and I need a hobby and a way to be Creative! So more to come on that..

Jordan and I went to Western OK on Sunday after Church.. Man, speaking of church.. Sorry, but I just have to tell you.. we got a new Choir Director, and a new Orchestra Leader, and just when I thought the music could not get any better at Crossings. IT DID. I am blown away every Sunday by something magical they do. Such a blessing.. Ok, anyway.. we went to Moms house on Sunday and grabbed the girls, then went to my dad's house. They had a big time playing outside in the 'Fort" that Pops had built, and eating yummy chicken bites from the Red Barn. Pops & Grammy have a whole room full of toys, so the girls love running back there and literally tearing EVERYTHING up.




We also went to see my Grandma Betty, who is in the hospital.. and the girls wanted to wear Costumes.. So Cille put on a Hello Kitty Ball Gown, and Cross had on her Western Girl outfit. They were pretty cute and made grandma smile, even though she was cussing the staff at the hospital. lol..

So we had a great weekend. My birthday is coming up on the 19th and I don't even care. I remember when there was time when my birthday was a big deal.. Like Limo ordering, party having, champagne poppin big deal.. but now all my party planning efforts are spent thinking of Michael Jackson birthday parties for the girls.. And Honestly that is pretty fun, so I'm not sad about it. There was a time in my life when I had PLENTY of ridiculous birthday parties, and the pictures to prove it!

I can't believe Fall is here.. I'm so excited for Pumpkin Patching and Sweater Weather with the girls. I can't believe they are 3 somedays.. and other days I remember the terror of having twin infants. In Sunday School the other day we were talking about Proverbs.. and we read this one:

Proverbs 3:5-6New International Version (NIV)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart

    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight" 

I can tell you, not a day goes by that Jordan and I ever feel "Equipped" to be parents to twin girls. But when I read that verse, I know that God knew what he was doing when he gave them to us, and we ARE Equipped! Even when we feel like we are failing, or struggling, or screwing it all up. And as parents, we all feel like that everyday.. So.. Trust in the Lord folks.. He knows what he's doing! Or in my case, I'm sure hoping he does! 


No comments:

Post a Comment