Friday, July 28, 2017

Knock Knock.. Who's there.. Its me! I'm baaaaack!

So.. I'm back on the airwaves! I know! Can you believe it! Its been 7 years.. a LONG 7 years... but a really good 7 years.. I've done a LOT in those 7 years.. Lets see..

I met the man who would become my Husband.. I became an IT project manager.. We bought a house..  I married the Love of my life... We decided to have a baby... ONE Baby.. We prayed about that baby.. God laughed at us and gave us TWO babies.. AT THE SAME TIME.. I started leading a small group at Church.. We survived years 0-4.. We changed jobs a couple of times.. And here we are! 7 Years later!

All of that.. its a Lot.. happened in those 7 years.. and while I've loved every second (well most of those seconds) I've never stopped wanting to go back to doing what I love.. which is Radio. I was blessed early in life to find out what I'm supposed to be doing with my career, and got to do it for 13 years.. and its true.. if you do what you love, its never a job.. Now.. does it still have crap that comes with it? Sure.. but I was still doing what I loved everyday.. at least for 4-5 hours.. and I could suffer through the other 3, and the other ridiculous people that came along with it..

But.. a few weeks ago I got to thinking.. I have a little more time now that the girls are older.. and I think I'd like to get back into it on a part time basis. But there was really only ONE station I wanted to start with, Hank FM 99.7. So I pulled up their website, and hit the 'contact us' link.. and emailed them.. Shockinly enough.. they actually emailed me back! Within a few day we had setup an interview and I went in and met with Hank's Program director, and Morning show guy, Joe Friday. I told him what I wanted to do.. which was to be a really great part-timer for Hank.. He was excited.. I was excited.. and the rest is history! I start the new Part time Gig tomorrow! I'll be on the air from 1-5 on Saturday and 12-4 on Sundays.. so please.. Crank it to hank! You can listen online, and they also have an app! What! So that is something I'm super excited about!

In other news.. girls are still swimming up a storm.. Cross without Floaties, and Londyn with hers.. Pops & Grammy (Kirby and Joni) took us all (Grant, Lexi, me, Spouses, and Kids) to Great Wolf Lodge last weekend and man we all had a great time! We had 6 kids 4 and under! All the Cousins love each other, and were so excited to see one another! They all had a blast hanging out with each other and racing around Great Wolf.. doing slides, water guns, swimming, splashing and just having fun.. and we all got to hang out and enjoy each other and the kids! It was pretty crowded on Saturday, but on Friday and Sunday it wasn't that bad.. and the kids enjoyed it the WHOLE time anyway! Its actually really nice because you really don't have to leave the place if you didn't want to.. they have restaurants, little stores, arcades, shops, etc.. And.. there's a groupon right now for it if you want to check it out!  We were also celebrating Pops Birthday so we took him out to Pappadeax, which was excellent.. So Thanks Pops and Grammy for a great weekend!



I can't believe its almost time for the girls to start Pre-K.. They will go on August 21! So many things to worry about.. and so many things to celebrate.. but "School" makes it real that they are 4! I feel like age 3 just flew right past! The girls are very entertaining right now.. Cross told me this morning that she has 4 baby chickens at her work.. and she drives there in her purple car and makes 2 coins each day! lol.. Londyn will look at us and say "Hey Baby Baby" but it sounds like "Bay Buh Bay Buh".. They love Bruno Mars songs.. and their favorites are Uptown Funk, and 24K magic.. I've had to remind them several times how important the "N" is in Funk.. lol But.. they just love all music which I'm super grateful for.. Now to get them to love Me on the radio.. on Hank fm.. You guys have a great day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment