Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Twins.. twinner.. Twinnest..


You know.. there was a time when I was pregnant with twins that I thought I might not make it.. And there have been several times since that moment that I thought the same!

I found out I was pregnant with twins when I was literally 10 days pregnant.. I had a dream to pee on a stick.. I know.. I know.. I can't make this crap up.. But I did.. So I did.. and there was a faint line.. In thinking back it probably showed up because there were TWO babies in there at the time..

I remember being insane until I got to that first doctors appointment.. Everything was new and weird.. I had never been pregnant before.. and there were so many things that google told you that would scare the crap out of you..We didn't tell very many people.. only a few because we were scared.. That actually STARTED the fear..

Fast forward to the 8 week appointment when they nonchalantly told us there were two babies.. this was a horrifying experience.. if you would like to read the details.. here's THAT blog.. Its pretty entertaining.. But.. at the point where we found out there were two babies.. After completely losing it in the Dr's room... I remember just feeling the overwhelming peace that the Lord was in full control of this situation.. How? Why? Um, well because it had never even OCCURRED to us we could have twins.. or it was a thing.. So I had a complete sense of Peace that "God has to have this one, because this is certainly NOT my plan".. and from that moment on I knew that God had this one.. Even when I got admitted to the hospital at 26 weeks.. I never really worried about it.. Now, I was annoyed about being in the hospital.. but I always knew that the girls were fine..

People (Usually people that have a new baby) frequently come up to Jordan and say to us "Man.. How in the hell did you do it with TWO babies.. we are dying with One".. and our response is always the same.. "We didn't know any better, and we didn't have that option".. I'll be honest though.. We don't remember much of that first year. I asked Jordan the other day "Do you remember the girls saying Mama or dada?".. Jordan.. "No".. lol.. We were delusional.. We didn't sleep.. We both went back to work.. I was pumping until the girls were 13 months old.. I mean it was sheer survival.. If we went anywhere it was Two of those ridiculously heavy car seat carrier things.. We were taking swings, bouncers, bottles, rattles, blankets, and bags.. It was like a circus coming to town.. We felt like we missed on the "fun" parts of having a baby.. because we always had two that needed us..

But....... But........ Now.. fast forward to when the girls were about 2.. our lives suddenly got much easier than the lives of people who only had one.. Why? Because ours started playing.. with each other.. Which meant we weren't solely responsible for entertaining our kids all day! Twinning! So now.. I feel like our lives are easier in many ways than those who have one kid.. then later have another.. We don't have to go back and potty train again.. we don't have to get bottles all over.. we don't have to buy different clothing sizes, and start over.. So Now.. NOW ladies and Gents.. I feel like we are winning at the child care game!!! lol

AS I was listening to the girls laugh last night in the bath tub.. and then get out and play barbies for an hour.. I thought.. YES... YES! This has actually become EASIER now. The girls REALLY like us.. they want to be around us and each other.. What! I know! They mostly listen to what we ask them to do.. they play nice.. they are nice to our animals.. I mean.. its Good! Now I know all you parents are saying. 'Oh you silly goat.. you just wait'.. And yes.. I know there is going to come a time when I go back and read this blog and think.. "oh man. Those were the days".. because the hard years will arrive eventually.. but I trust that God will carry us through those like he carried us through the twin pregnancy and those first few years.. This is his plan.

For a good portion of my life I treated God like a back seat driver.. I let him in the car.. enjoyed having conversations with him.. but I was always driving.. Having twins MADE me turn the wheel over to him.. I had no choice. I had no clue, was oblivious, and scared.. "Jesus take the wheel!".. Right?? Everyone (including us) has stress in our life.. Life is not easy. People are not easy to deal with sometimes. We go through situations every day that test us.. and try our patience.. Its always going to be that way.. And there are still  times when I still try to correct him from the passenger side.. or suggest he take an alternate route.. but at the end of the day.. He's driving.. and I'm ok with that.. He's a really good driver, and the scenery on his route is a lot prettier..

5 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Kim Lucy I'm 46 from United State. i want every lady finding it hard to get pregnant to know there is a 100% hope for you to get pregnant without delay within the period of 2weeks. here is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or Whatsapp +2347050270227 (Dr.Ogbes) his root and herbs drugs work for me a week after i used it i found out that i was pregnant I'm 18weeks pregnant. check it out and order for his herbs IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ontact Priest Babaka he can cast spells of different purposes like

    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child / Trying to get pregnant.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) Herbal care
    (10) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart
    (11) Get you marriage to the lover of your choice
    (12) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases
    (13) We heal barrenness in women and disturbing menstruation
    (14) Get your scam money back
    (15) Read all your problems before you even mention them to him
    (16) Penis Enlargement / Virginal Tightening Soap
    (17) Butt / Hip Enlargement Soap

    Contact him today Priest Babaka whose email address is: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priestly.babaka ..He will help you out of your problems okay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but the cost is way too high, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i use his herbal remedy/medication and i got pregnant. l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete