Thursday, April 28, 2011

What a great day!

Therapy Dogs come in all sizes. This is Payslee's friend, a Great Dane, Achilles

Well let me start off by saying..it was a pretty great week..Mom came up on Saturday and we went to Easter service at Crossings..Man! It was so awesome! The music there is so good with a live orchestra that it immediately brings me to tears when they start in..I just love it. The sermon was really good too, and I'll talk about it on my other blog GOD & DOG when I get time to write it. But it was just awesome.. Before Church mom and I had time to pick up a few flowers..Mom loves planting, and is getting the pool area ready, and I had to plant some pots..Then we happened upon the buy one get one 1/2 off sale at Metro Shoe Warehouse! Yes..New Dansko's for both of us!! So cute!

Today I took Payslee & Sawyer on one of my favorite therapy visits. I swear people, if you are feeling sorry for yourself, or in a rut, get out an volunteer..These people are so inspiring! I had sat down with a few ladies that Pays had made friends with and they wanted to talk with me about American Idol..so we got to talking about music, and country singers, and the fact that I used to be on the radio..they asked me if I was still doing it anymore, and I said No, and if I was sad about it, and I said yes..and this sweet lady put her hand on my arms and said "You know what though, God always works it out for the best, and something better will come along for you".. So awesome! And yes, I do believe that..

I'm also not going to lie and tell you I don't feel kinda good about the fact that their ratings came out this week and they got beat..lol.. I know, I know, thats not very nice of me, but when I left there all of the management told my good listeners that asked "KC & Bill got fired because of their low ratings"..well when we left we had a 4.6, KKNG now has a 1.5, and Jake FM has a 3.9..both of which are lower than 4.6. So yes, something better is coming along, and yes, I'm glad to be around such amazing, inspiring people who brighten my day while my shih-tzu brightens theirs! Payslee also enjoyed a ride from a little lady who pushed her around for a bit..and hung out with her giant great dane friend, Achilles.

This is going to be a good weekend. MJ was gone last weekend visiting his grandma, so tomorrow we are going on a triple date with friends to go watch "FAST FIVE" which is basically "The fast and the furious part 5" but what it means to me is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, & Vin Diesel are in the same movie, and I'm not mad about that..they are both magically delicious!! Who cares if the movie is good or not right! Oh, and speaking of movies..DO NOT go watch "Water for Elephants".. I thought it was going to be a love story, and it was..sort-of..but they were really mean to an Elephant named Rosie, and it made me cry..I can't watch people be mean to animals..so if you can't either, SKIP that movie..

I'm still watching "Celebrity Apprentice"..I can't wait for NeNe to go off on Star Jones next week..I can't stand Star.. and I also watched "The Voice" This week.. Loved Blake Shelton on it, and so far, I think the show is WAY better than American Idol this year..I'm bored with Idol.. Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment