Sunday, January 9, 2011

New year..New times..New opportunities

Well folks, I'm going to be honest. 2010 was NOT the best year for me..After I found my love, Jordan, it pretty much went to crap after that..In March my former radio station blind-sided me with a pink slip..no explanation, No reasoning..No nothing.. I understand business..and I understand a crappy economy..what I don't understand is people pretending to be my friend, and then stabbing me in the back..or people asking me to look out for their family, and then stabbing me in the back..or when I constantly ask "Can I help with anything?" "Is everything going okay with the station?" "Is there anything I can do?" people lying straight to my face, knowing all along they were going to give me my walking papers a few weeks later.

My parents have always taught me that if you work hard, do your best, do MORE than your share, and treat people with respect, that you will not only KEEP your job, but stand a good chance of being promoted..Sadly, that is NOT the case with the radio business, and its not the case with a lot of jobs with the way the economy is these days, which is a shame..because really good people with amazing talents are out of work, or working in jobs that do not challenge them creatively..thats really sad.. BUT.. The good news in all this is that now I have an opportunity to find something else that I love to do, and try to continue to help people through my therapy dog work..

Its been what I call a "Learning year"..I've had a chance to work on my relationships..My relationships with family and friends, my relationship with Jordan, and more importantly my relationship with God. I've been forced to look at myself and think about what I've been doing with my life up till now, and I've also realized that I need to work on my Walk with God, and the way I handle myself, and the people around me..Its been rough, but its been good..and I've also been able to look at the "Trials" in my life, and realize that through those struggles, God is big enough to turn them into "Victories".. So with that said, I'm thankful for this crappy 2010 year..why? Well here ya go, here's my list of trials this year:

1) I'm thankful for getting let Go at KKNG. it brought me new friends, amazing opportunities, funtimes, and taught me that there is more to life than just a career..

2) I'm thankful for a former Boss I had in College: Even though I disagree with the type of person he is, it was his radio station that taught me how to do good radio.

3) I'm thankful for Ex-Boyfriends.. I've dated some good guys, and some real losers, and I'm thankful for both. The crappy ones showed me what I DON'T want in relationships, and the good ones showed me how to be a better girlfriend in my present relationship.

4) I'm thankful for the opportunity at new jobs because I am learning what I like doing, Vs. What I don't like doing, and I can take those steps to change it.

5) I'm thankful for Negative, Pessimistic People because they show me how I don't want to be perceived, or act to others.

I know God has a plan for me.. The irony is that before I always asked the Lord to bless "MY" plan.. Now I'm just asking him to bless the plan he has for me.. I would be foolish to think that anything I could come up with would be half as good as the amazing things that he has planned..When my grandma Leona died I was so sad, and one afternoon I layed down to take a nap..I had a dream that she called me from heaven and said "KC, You have no idea the amazing things he has planned for you" and right when she started to tell me what they were, the Lord reached over and slapped her hand and said "Shh!".. lol.. That dream will stay with me forever, because I know she was right.. So right now I've just got to be patient, and let him work through me. I have an amazing family, an amazing boyfriend, awesome friends, and the sweetest, cutest dogs I could ever ask for..So while this year has been crappy, I still feel so very blessed and thankful each day. Bring it on 2011!!

2 comments: