Tuesday, August 30, 2011

High Fives for Blessings

I've had a pretty great week..Many prayers have been answered.There are some things that I've been struggling with for the past month and in this past week I have prayed about it, and felt so much better about it. Isn't it funny how God always knows just what you need? For example..I worry. I worry about stupid assinine things that are usually completely out of control..but I still do it. So Sunday I walk into Crossings, and guess what the sermon is about? "The Weeds of Worry".. My church does that to me all the time..well actually, its not my Church, its My God that works amazing things in my church..Anyway, here's the jest of it.. 3 Things that Jesus says about Worry:


1) Worry puts your focus on The wrong things..when you could be thankful for all the right things.

2)Worry Underestimates your Value..You end up forgetting how important you are to God.

3) Worry has no benefits. Worrying doesn't help, and stress & worry take time off your life.


So..now that we know all that, how are we supposed to deal with it? Well "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes"~Matthew 6;34.


You always have to remember that God knows what you need every day, every week, every year.. God knows whats on the other side, so sit back and let God work. Watch what happens you get out of his way and let HIM work it out, because HIS plan is always going to be WAY cooler that YOUR plan. So when you pray to him, pray for God to bless his plan FOR you.. instead of just asking him to bless what YOU want. Cast your anxieties on him because he cares for you.. but don't just go to him when you need something. Talk to him like your father..like your friend, and not just someone there to bail you out. No one likes someone that only calls you when they need something. Its obnoxious.

This past week has been really rough for a friend of mine. Her favorite dog died, and its just been heartbreaking. I've been there when my Pandora died. My heart hurt for her and I thought it would never heal..I also thought I'd never love another dog more than Pandora, but I do. Miss Pays brings so much joy and happiness to my life, so I know eventually her heart will heal, but there's just no words to make her feel better right now. So I ask you all to keep her in your thoughts and prayers too. Sometimes when we struggle just knowing someone is out there thinking about us and praying for us makes us not feel so alone. If you want to offer her some words of encouragment, here's the link: Modvintagelife. Remember when you think your life really sucks, there is always someone out there who has it worse, or who's heart is breaking. We can't fix everyone, but we can be good to them in whatever little way we can..and sometimes that is just prayer.


So MJ and I are going to the Elk City Rodeo this weekend.. Pretty sure he's going to laugh at me, lol. Cowboy up! Speaking of Cowboys.. Go Pokes! Hope we start off with a great season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment