Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sugar anyone? Don't mind if I do..

            (If you have not watched the Taylor Swift Goat video, here you go.. Your welcome)

So I'm almost 25 weeks.. which is frightening.. Why you say? Because twins are considered full term at 36 weesks, which means I'm a little over 10 weeks from being able to welcome these little glitter gems into the world! Am I ready? Um probably not.. I feel like I'm grossly unprepared, I"m scared to death,  and I'm wondering what I have gotten myself into!

I'm to the point now where I can feel them wiggling. I'm going to be honest. Its odd. I mean its like aliens have taken over your body. You really feel like things are swimming in your belly. Its bizarre..but I like feeling it because I know they are ok and just hanging out. Although I think that Baby B makes Baby A stay in the corner while she swims around the whole area.. Last week I went and took my Gestational Diabetes test.. They give you a flat orange drink and you have to shoot it down in 3 minutes or less.. so I slammed it down (I was pretending I was back in college at JC Cowboys and it was shot night, lol) and waited my turn to go back..

When they called me back, they took the babies heartbeat.. Well apparently the babes love sugar because they were acting wild! Baby B was being so crazy that she was making crazy sounds and the tech said "Wow..they are really active today".. Of course Baby A was still resting in her usual place while Baby B was jumping all around like a crazy bean. I think she makes A stay in her place while she overtakes my body.. Baby B is who Jordan says is mine.. and Baby A is his.. lol.. And no, we still can't agree on any names!

Test came back and I do not have gestational diabetes! Which is great.. because seriously, who wants to be on a diet while pregnant? I mean really.. how bad would that suck. A lot. Dr. Mirabile thought I may have it, because the babies have a lot of fluid around them.. But we've done all the tests and it may just be that I pee a lot, and so my babies pee a lot! (that is Jordan's theory anyway).. We go back on the 11th of March to check them out again.. they are looking more human, but still a bit alien-like..
So how bout the big snow storm we got! Oh wait.. Weatherman fail.. however, My parents got around 10" in Canute & Sentinel, and it was a mess out there.. Look at this truck.. this is on the road that goes by my Mom's house.. foolish people who drive in snow storms.. Not smart.. I think this poor soul learned the hard way.. So it did miss us up here, but Mom was without power for 2 days and kept having to brush snow off the satellite dish.. But the power is back on, roads are cleared now, and I'm headed that way on Friay to get me some beef! Gotta love fresh beef, and as a farm girl, Its a luxery I've always had thanks to my family! None of that store-bought crap!

So.. We finished most of the nursery.. we are basically waiting on 2 things.. 1) My rocking chair, and 2) the dresser/Changing table.. Both should probably be in next week. We had Tammy Allison (Art by Allison) Paint this cool tree for us. I added glitter leaves, and puffed flowers for texture.. Also put on a few small bows, and bling up and down a few branches (What.. you knew it was going to happen).. I got the cool sequin hearts at "The Feathered Nest" in OKC and hung them from the ceiling with Tulle. I got the bedding off Amazon, its from the Caden lane Collection, and that awesome bunny chair is from Restoration Hardware.. Yes, I know there is only ONE.. but don't worry, I'm ordering a lamb one to go with the bunny.. MJ did an awesome job tolerating my glitter and putting the cribs together.. he's quite handy I tell you.. We have curtains on the way, and I ordered my rocking Chair from Stork Land.. then that will be it! Which is good.. because its creeping up on us!


 
I still feel "OK".. its getting harder and harder to get around.. My uterus still hurts, and my back aches.. I love taking baths because thats the thing that really helps.. MJ has been  trooper putting smelly, gross, Icy/Hot on my back at night.. If it wasn't for the pain and heaviness I'd probably be a jolly pregnant woman.. Bad I have that, so I'm not.. I got the dog babes a CD of baby sounds so when the real deal is happening they won't flip out.. Pays is creeped out by it..she stares at the radio like is from space trying to talk to her.. We are still going to therapy visits, and I'll keep going until I can't go anymore.. Its rough though because they are small dogs, so I have to bend down and pick them up about 30 times/visit and put them in people's visits, or where they can pet them.. but I'll keep powering through until I can't do it anymore!!
 
Several of you have asked about my baby registy.. Yes,  did one.. Yes, it was terrible, and No, I don't know what a lot of the stuf on there IS or DOES.. so feel free to provide insight here.. I put it on there at the request of my twin frind Chelsea who has 6 month old twins.. she was my registry guru.. Here they are if you want to check them out.. No judgement.. :) Also, if you have had experience with any of this stuff, please let me know if its good/ bad.. you can email me at kcsheperd@aol.com. I'm new to all this, so give me your suggestions!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment