Tuesday, April 1, 2014

People say the darndest things..


Well we had a pretty great weekend..On Thursday Steve checked into the Spine Hospital to have his back surgery. It went really well, but of course was painful and awful for a few days..He got to go home on Sunday, and things are going well so far. He feels MUCH better than he did BEFORE the surgery so that is an answered prayer. SO..On Friday Mom took us to PF Changs. The girls were BIG fans of Noodles, and Chicken at PF's.. Of course, who are we kidding.. the girls are big fans of ALL food. I'm so proud of that. They have tried almost everything they could get their hands on! They had Kiwi, blackberries, and brisket last week! They just love food!! I'm so glad.. because I've seen picky kids, and I don't want any of those, lol.. Our lives are packed full enough without having to take specific foods everywhere we go!

On Saturday the girls had their 2nd Lesson of Aquatots. They really do not care for having their face dunked in water.. The 1st time they didn't mind it, but this time they didn't like it.. and they don't love the Swim Instructor.. But they love splashing and sailing around in the water. They are learning to Kick, hold onto the sides, and to get up on a raft. Its basically for muscle memory, but they do have fun. We have 2 more lessons with that.


After Aquatots We took the girls to visit Jordan's dad and Stepmom, Rhonda,  in Norman (GT &Nana). They kept the girls for us so MJ and I could go watch "Noah". I had a lot of people tell me not to waste my money.. that it was Non Christian, All Hollywood, not true to the bible story, etc.. BUT.. I liked it.. Yes, it was a bit ridiculous. (There are Rock people in it) but it was good.. And I think if even one person watches the movie and is curious about the story of Noah in the bible, and reads it, that is one more person that is asking about Jesus. Plus, I think Noah DID probably need some help.. Was it Rock People? I don't know.. but if you are building an Arc and you and your family are the ONLY ones that get to get on it.. I'm guessing there are going to be ANGRY mobs trying to storm the Boat! So maybe it was Rock People, Maybe the Lord Smited them, Maybe Dinosaurs ate them.. Who knows.. But I found the movie entertaining, and good. We had not been to the movie in a long time..and the Popcorn with Real Butter at the Warren is Legit. MM MM MM.. How I love Popcorn.

So in other weird things that happen to KC news...The Other day Crosslee & I went to Walmart to grab some groceries (LL was napping) and in the parking lot I look up and an elderly woman is pulling down the lid to the trunk.. Well she misses, and falls DIRECTLY back on her head on the pavement.. Didn't catch herself..Didn't break her fall with her arms.. falls DIRECTLY into pavement backwards. I was like a Lady on fire.. I jump OUT of my almost still moving vehicle, threw it into park, (in the parking lot row) and go to save her. Well I get there, and as I'm helping her up she says "I've got a tough head" and gets up, gets into her car and drives off!! Tough old Bird that one!! I was so glad she was ok..I thought for sure she would have broken her head or something..It looked so awful. I can still see it playing out in slow-mo in my mind now..Speaking of Elderly People.. I got my car back finally.. Its all good as new.

But then Bob Moore Kia did the dumbest thing. They call me and claim that another customer wants to buy my car because they are looking for my Exact car and it is easier for them to buy the car back from me, than to find one at an auction..and if I sell them back my car, they will give me a new car to replace it.. So MJ goes down there, and sure enough, this ends up being a dumb scam.. as a way for them to try to talk us into a NEW car for more money, and more car payments.. then they wouldn't give Jordan his keys!! Idiots.. This is truly unfortunate, because the reason we bought my car there is because they were no-haggle, no pressure.. and now they pull this crap. Disapproving Bob Moore, disappointing.

We are busy planning the girls first birthday party. We are super excited about it, and so excited that we have so many good people around them, who love them unconditionally and just want to squeeze them all the time! When you see other people who love your kids, it just puts a smile on your face! And if they love my dogs, even better!! Having children has made me realize more than ever how important it is to set good examples and start traditions that are going to last a lifetime, and we are so thankful for our church family and the folks that help us do that. We have also learned that it takes a village to raise these girls, and we are so thankful for the people who have chosen to be a part of their lives!! All of you folks that post on FB and keep up with our lives, we always appreciate you, even if we don't see you all the time!







No comments:

Post a Comment