Friday, November 6, 2015

Please help me I'm falling...


Lets talk about falling today shall we?

First off.. I apologize in advance, but I can't help by laugh when people stumble and fall.. Not in life, but like really fall down. Like if they trip.. or slip.. or just fall. It sends me into hysterical laughter. I will laugh and laugh.. and then I can even start laughing again sitting at my desk and thinking about it the next day. Falling is funny. I think its so humerus to me, because I do it so frequently..

In College I actually Fell UP the stair to the Swosu Science building.. I fell so badly that my toes were bleeding.. I also fell DOWN the hill at the SWOSU Admin building.. Southwestern is a very hilly campus.. I fell down the hill and rolled by.. while cars were driving.. It was pretty humiliating, but I still can laugh thinking about it.

Anytime there is any sort of moisture on any type of pavement, sidewalk, or walking area.. I fall. No matter what.. Even if I'm not walking near it.. my shoe will somehow find its way to it, and I slip.. Usually I'm pretty stellar at catching myself before I fall all the way down on the ground.. but still.. You know if people are watching me, then they are laughing at the ridiculous amount of balance and care I am trying to control in NOT falling all the way down.

I used to wear cute, fabulous shoes with heels.. Until I kept falling down.. Last year at my brothers birthday party at Iron Star.. I got up to to to the bathroom. I was wearing Dansko heeled shoes.. Just walking to the bathroom.. nothing in my way.. No water on the floor..nothing. I managed to slip and fall.. But.. I wasn't going down alone.. I went ahead and grabbed 2 people sitting at a table near me, and took them down too. It was pretty humiliating.. and I'm also laughing as I think about it now.. MJ was there.. he was laughing too.. as was the whole bar. Score one for me! I haven't worn those shoes since then.. because I fear them.

Oh, and lets not forget me falling through the attic that one time.. that was stellar.. Nothing like that to get your blood boiling.. So I fall.. A Lot.. But it still makes me happy when other people fall too. I love it when people stumble or fall, then look around like they think you didnt' see them.. I always ask them if they are ok.. but I'm also laughing at the time. I'm sorry.. I can't help it.. it just makes me giggle so bad. So.. If I fall down, feel free to laugh.. because if you fall.. its on. I'll help you up, but it will be in the midst of me laughing at you for doing it.. You're welcome.

On a different note.. Girls had a fun Trick or Treat Weekend.. We went to the Fall Carnival At Crossings.. It was pouring outside, so everything had to be inside and it was a bit of a madhouse.. a million kids in church.. But it was fun. They had trick or treating, bounce houses, marshmallow fountains, Popcorn and punch.. Lots of fun! Mom came up and went with us..

We also went to Storybook Forest in Aracadia last week.. Loved it, and so did the girls.. and then We went to Parkhurst in Arcadia last week.. The girls met a sweet pony, rode the horsies (as Cross says) and had a big time on the haybales and swing. Very fun time of the year! Next weekend is Connor's birthday party (in our small group at church) so we get to go to Orr Family Farms! So excited for that too!

On Halloween we took the girls around our neighborhood and we had a blast. Our new neighborhood is the best! Lots of kiddos and the girls really liked going up and getting Candy. Suckers are their favorite by far.. and gummi Life Savers! We had a great time! The Giant is still up in the back yard.. Cross made friends with the bloody clown and death guy hanging from our neighbors tree.. She has been going over daily to visit them.. However, they took them down this week.. that was not good. We had to tell her the Clown was taking a nap and would be back next year.. She still asks for him. I'm not sure how long the Giant will stay up.. He may be a year round staple in our yard, b/c she really loves him, and he entertains her..



House is almost put together. Our new Farm Table came in this week, and its freakin aweome. David James Tables made it.. He and his dad just out working in the shop, building farm tables. We LOVE it so much.. ITS AMAZING. Will be an heirloom that we can pass down. Its our favorite thing!!









No comments:

Post a Comment