Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Don't be THAT guy..

Well The girls are now 3 weeks old.. I'm sure to YOU it seems like its gone by fast.. Not so much for MJ and I.. The baby phase is ROUGH.. Especially when they are like "Sleep through the night? No thank you".. They get up every 2 hours to eat.. So far MJ and I have been taking a baby each and we get up with our baby and pass each other in the night.. lol.. I've heard of other ways to do things, like he stays up for 4 hours with them, then I stay up.. which would probably be legit if you only had ONE baby, but alas, we do NOT. Our girls are not really on the same schedule, so I fear if we did that there would really be ZERO sleep for us.. So right now, we are just going for survival. Last night was a good night.. We still got up every 2-3 hours, but between all the getting up, I think we DID get at least 5 hours of sleep.. so yay us right! lol

MJ took off last week, and also this week, but  I've convinced him to go back to work today.. I mean really, at some point, I'm going to have to do this myself, so might as well just throw me into the pool, and we'll see if I sink or swim! I got brave today and decided to put on the baby bjorn and walk around the blocks with a baby.. It was a success.. No baby was dropped, and I didn't drop dead.. so boom! So Today I loaded up the girls, and we made a trip to target to get some baby stuff, and some fenugreek.. Which they didn't have.. annoying. The biggest trip in shopping with twins, is you roll in pushing this train like stroller with their car seats in it.. So then where do you put your groceries/items? NO where.. So then you end up strapping the diaper bag onto the stroller, then you end up either pulling ANOTHER basket behind you, or carrying one of those little tote baskets.. So you get the visual.. Its bizarre.. Of course you can't really stack items on their seats, or put in the bottom of the stroller, because then you look like a thief.. Blargh.

We also considered (for about 2 minutes) taking the girls out to eat.. yeah.. we weren't brave enough. Granted, they do a good job out in public for the most part.. But for the past 30 years I've wanted to punch all the parents in the face that take screaming, crying, baby/toddlers to restaurants.. So I'm certainly not going to be THAT guy..

For all the women who tell you C sections are terrible.. let me be the one to say "BS".. Maybe it was my amazing doctor, but man, I think thats the way to go! I was back in action, and feeling pretty much like myself a week later.. I even carried Mulch and decorated the flower bed! I had forgotten I was not supposed to lift stuff.. but it all was ok.. Also, I am able to drive, and have been since I came home, and I'm able to take my awesome, hot baths again! AHH! I had missed my baths, and my wine the most, so that has been amazing!

We got our storm shelter ordered.. It won't be installed until next year, lol.. Yeah, they are a bit behind due to crazy demand.. But after having to run from the storm when my girls were a week old, lesson learned.. we are getting a shelter. It will be the kind that goes in the back yard, not the garage.. the garage kind make me claustrophobic.. When that storm was headed toward Yukon, MJ packed up us, the girls, and my mom and we moved South to get away from it.. Only for it to follow us to Moore/Norman.. We got into a Cellar at MJ's dad's neighbor's house, and we rode out the storm there.. The girls were AMAZING. No one even knew we had babies in the house! They did a great job.. We got home and just crashed, and the next day looked into getting a shelter.. So hopefully will be installed by next year.

So Mom went home a week ago.. MJ and I were on our own last week. The girls are still alive, so I consider it a success. I hope I am saying the same thing next Friday after I've had the girls a week by myself. So far so good.. but I'm sure they are plotting a take over..



No comments:

Post a Comment