Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Its official.. its a take-over..

Jenn, Me, and Cammy, two of my oldest friends!
Well.. Here we are.. 31 weeks.. All I can say is Wow.. Each week when I think my body cannot take anymore, it does. I'm pretty proud of it.. but I can honestly say I am not one of those women that is ever going to say "Man, I just loved being pregnant.. it was so blissful".. its not. Maybe it is if you are only having One, but I can tell you that these girls pretty well just do what they want.. They tap dance on my bladder, they dance around on my lungs, they punch me in the abdomen.. I mean, they have made my body a dance palace.. I'm so happy, and thankful they are healthy and happy, and I'm going to carry them for as long as I possibly can.. but don't look for a lovely 'glow' coming off my face, or me looking very pleasant as I try to hoist myself in and out of my car.. Oh, and speaking of hoisting.. I've installed a belt on my headboard so that I can use it as a pulley system to get out of bad.. Its just sad I tell ya.. lol..

We had the baby shower in Elk City with Mom's friends.. It was very cute and fun, and the girls got some really cute stuff! I also enjoyed the delicious punch and cake.. Mom and I were so thankful for all the amazing things! I mean look at this basket full of goodies!! Full of awesome stuff, and another basket full of hand-sewn blankets, burp rags, and more! It was just Great!

They also got really cute 'ruffle butt's'.. all such cute stuff.. And of course plenty of bows, and glitter outfits.. My high school Coach, Mike Maddox, and his wife Sandy got them their first pair of Nike's! They are so cute! We are beyond excited about putting them in this stuff!

I went back to the Dr. on Friday.. No big changes with me.. Cervix has shortened more, but I think part of that is because there is a baby kicking it.. I mean, doesn't that make sense? You can actually SEE a foot when they show the ultrasound of my Cervix! They still think I could carry them to 37 weeks, so hopefully that will happen. Baby B took some great pics.. You can see her there showing off how limber she is by putting her foot on her forehead.. lol.. Baby A would not pose again.. She sits very low, and Baby B is very high, so we are able to see baby B easier.. She is pretty cute I must admit. I love her pouty lips, and cute nose! Right now is the time in which they are putting on fat, and her cheeks already look chubbish, which I am so excited about! Those Ultrasounds are amazing.. You can actually SEE and count 5 toes!

I can honestly say, I love all my doctors, and they are taking very good care of me.. At this point the babies are BIG. Above average.. I think at this point, most singleton babies weigh around 3lbs.. My babies are well over 4.. In fact, baby B is 4.9! They will continue to put on 1/2 lb of weight over the next few weeks.. which yes, means I could be looking at 6-7lb babies by the time I deliver! HOLY CRAP.. I feel like I can barely walk now.. I can't even imagine what it would be like walking around with 12lbs of baby! I am super glad they are bigger though, even though it kills my body, because I know they are growing and jolly in there, and for every day I keep them inside, its 4 days they won't have to be in the NICU..

I feel sad for MJ these days.. I seriously can do VERY little at this point.. If I stand, or sit too long, something on my body starts hurting.. this means I can't walk the dog babes, I can't vacuum,  I can't bend over really.. so that entails a lot of stuff.. He's been a trooper taking care of me, the house, the skin babes, and the dog babes.. As you can see, they like to lay on him frequently and get in his face.. We all appreciate him very much! I think this pregnancy is just about as hard as him as it is on me.. But not all the way, because he is not getting kicked in the crotch all day, so there's that.. There's a reason Men don't have babies..

I have had plenty of time for TV.. so thats been fun.. Still supporting my Trace Adkins on Celebrity Apprentice, and Blake Shelton on the Voice.. Those two make for good TV! We've also enjoyed some new shows.. Bates Motel is creepy and good, and MJ has started watching "The Following".. Lots of pretty good TV on right now..

I do sometimes feel bad about bringing up two little girls in this world.. with the Bombs that happened in Boston yesterday, and the school shootings a few months ago, Its just sad. The acts are heartbreaking, but even more heartbreaking is the people who do them.. I mean where does this hatred and sick desire to hurt people come from?  Its just sad. What drives people to get to that point? I suppose they are just lost.. I don't know.. but I can only hope and pray each night that eventually they will be able to find Peace with God and figure it out. Until then, it will be sad to watch. Thoughts and Prayers go out to the families in Boston.





No comments:

Post a Comment