Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sometimes you feel like a fool..sometimes ya don't.

I tell you, this new job has really been an eye opening experience. I went from being one of the smartest computer people, to now being one of the dumbest.. lol.. I miss all the listeners, and all the aspects of radio. I've been talking to some folks about possibly doing it part time on the weekends just so I'm not totally OUT of the business. Its hard to completely change professions after 13 years, and its hard to realize that a profession you once loved is slowly dying.. But I'm so blessed to have been given this opportunity at Chesapeake, and I can't wait to see what happens with it. For the past two weeks at Crossings Marty has preached about the Serenity Prayer, and I really have to be mindful of that these days.. I start over thinking stuff, and getting nervous, and second-guessing myself, and I just have to say:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

I have a hard time with the "ONE DAY AT A TIME".. and have to remember that its always "One day at a time sweet Jesus" and hum the song in my head a few times. I must quit worrying about things and people that I can't change, and just appreciate each day God has given me with my friends, family, dogs, and blessings.

Speaking of dogs.. One of my fellow therapy dog friends has a business called "Edmond Critter Sitter" and she comes to your house and lets your dogs out during the day, or plays with them, or takes them to their grooming appt, or whatever.. I thought it might be nice to have her come over to my house once or twice a week and let my babes out..Especially on the days that I have to work late, or can't come home at lunch..She comes to Oklahoma City too, so look her up if you might need services like that..She'll also stay in your house with your dog babes if you don't want to board them... I know right! Awesome!

MJ & I went to see "Salt" this weekend with Angelina Jolie..It was really good.. Plus it was $1
popcorn day at AMC.. booya! Mom & Steve came up this weekend too, and we ate Sushi at a new place on May called "Saii".. it was delish..Then on Saturday we all got up early and went to the Farmers Market at OSU/OKC.. WE found all sorts of fresh goodness.. berries, fruit, okra, beans, corn, candles..etc.. If you haven't been to that on a Saturday morning, check it out..its delish and so awesome to shop local!

1 comment:

  1. Girl you worked with H.W. enough years you should have the Serenity Prayer looping through your head 24/7....seriously STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF!! All new jobs are hard. You will learn it and you will do just fine. Hang in there. We all have faith in you!!

    ReplyDelete