Sunday, March 14, 2010

KKNG is now JAKE Fm 97,3.

Well they did the 'switch' last night on 93.3. They have apparently decided to go head to head against the Twister 101.9 by playing all new music. I've not heard any jocks on the station so far, only Kevin saying the Title and Artist of each song after it plays. Ironically enough, KKNG has tried to go head to head with the Twister the past 3 years by playing more NEW music, but the Twister has always won the ratings battle. So it will be interesting to see how this is any 'different'.. So to wrap up.. Lynn Waggoner is on KKNG, now moved to 97.3 on the Dial, and went from 100,000 watt station to a 1,000 watt station..and JACK FM is now Deleted, replaced by JAKE FM on 93.3, playing Oklahoma's NEW Country.. Bill & I still will not work at any of the stations.. lol.. dang.



The parents are bringing up some heifers that we raised to show in the OKC Youth Expo this weekend at the fairgrounds, so MJ & I are going to go watch them.. He's never been to a cattle show before, so this could be wildly exciting! lol..

12 comments:

  1. Jack fm is a succeeding radio station Tyler Media didn't do anything with the station and it sucked they had the worst signal. Nobody north of downtown OKC could barely pick up one day i hope jack comes back to OKC and i hope tyler media's Jake Fm Goes under because it sucks we don't need a 5 th country station and also Jack was one of the only station's in the metro that played music in the morening and clear channel is gonna kick thier stupid asses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oklahoma radio is where music goes to be put on life support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i won't listen to the twister, they play the same songs over and over and over. I have heard there is a station in Stillwater that is great, but i can't get it here in the Norman area. I am sort of stuck with 97.7, or the station out of Lindsay.

    Blahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get 97.7 at work and I miss KC and Bill. I don't like 93.3 now. Please keep us updated KC on where you and Bill go so we can switch.
    You two made the station worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, K.C.....we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe u and bill will team up and start you own show someplace. miss you and bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina Walker- Maysville,OKMarch 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM

    I really miss you and Bill...you had people calling in..giving their opinion on things..I'll keep looking on here to see where you and hopefully Bill end up at..somehow I've seemed to follow Bill, I had listened to him when he was with Danny Williams. Hope to be hearing you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning radio is just not the same without K.C. and Bill! Please let your fans know where you end up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a "small comment" on Oklahoma Radio Blog. My wife's comment was a little smaller. My family and I listened to your show and were upset to hear about you and Bill gettin' the boot. Please keep us informed on where you end up. If we can pick it up from down here in Lawton,we will definetly listen. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to listen to 93.3 all the time. I had my radio in the shop tuned in. Now it's nothing I want to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KKNG was the only station I listened to. I especially liked the morning show with Lynn, Bill and KC. NOT NOW! I don't listen to the radio much at all since the three of them aren't together anymore. Too bad they ruined a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss Sunday mornings 7-11:00am the most

    ReplyDelete