Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dang Ol' Swine Flu..


Well apparently everyone is getting the Swine flu now.. Hiss....Boo! One of my friends has it, a co-workers kid has it.. so Yeah, I've been exposed to it for sure.. but I'm hoping that Its going to leave me alone.. We took Bill's swine statues and placed them around the studio and came up with some nice Swine Studio Pics.. Here Some Facts about the Swine from the CDC:

Update – Swine Flu/H1N1 Influenza A

There is no cause for alarm, but we should remain cautious, informed and be responsible for how we conduct ourselves. While we should certainly go about our daily lives, there are several very simple steps we can take to make sure we are limiting our exposure and that of our co-workers.

What are the signs and symptoms of swine flu (in humans)?

Swine flu symptoms are similar to the symptoms of regular seasonal flu and include fever greater than 100 degrees, coughing, sore throat, body aches, headaches, respiratory congestion, chills and fatigue. There are some reports of diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu. In the past, severe illness (pneumonia and respiratory failure) and deaths have been reported with swine flu infection in humans. Like seasonal flu, swine flu may cause a worsening of underlying chronic medical conditions.

What should I do if I develop flu like symptoms?

First and foremost, the CDC is recommending that you not come to work. If you exhibit these symptoms outside of work, please do not come to work until you have spoken with your doctor. If you experience these symptoms at work, please inform your manager and leave work.

What can I do to protect myself from getting sick?

The vaccine to help protect against swine flu is currently not available for Gill Studios to offer to its employees. There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza. Take these steps to protect your health and the health of others:

• Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and warm water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.

• Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Properly dispose of used tissues. Do not reuse tissues.

• Stay healthy by eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water and getting adequate rest and exercise.

• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.

• Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

• If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.

• You might also consider getting vaccinated for the "seasonal influenza".


Last night I went to my church class "The Last Days" at Crossings.. It did not disappoint! It was soo good again. I'm going to be sad when its over, which is next week. I'm hoping that same teacher will teach another class. He is bionic, so I'm going to try to take whatever classes he teaches. I also went and had Sushi with Lauren & Shelly.. I got Shelly to go to class with me, but Lauren skipped out again.. Amy didn't get to go either because she's at home with the Swine flu.. She may not make it to Boyz II Men! Mom's now backed out of Boyz II Men too, seems as if someone out in Western OK is having a 'cooler' party than me! Boot..

Well tomorrow we'll be at the Braums in Moore, I-24 & 12th street.. So if you want a 93 cent Sausage biscuit, come on by.. See ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment