Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CMA's on Tonight & Happy Veterans Day




Happy Veterans Day to those Serving, and those who have Served before. I lost one of my favorite soldiers last year, Dick Johnson. He was a fighting Seabee in World War II, and my former Co-host..I miss him everyday. So thank you very much to all our Veterans.


So tonight the CMA awards are on..I won't get to watch the first hour till later, because I'm going to Church with Lauren. We are taking another great class at Crossings about putting the bible's words into your everyday life..And Its a really good class. It starts at 6:30, so I won't be home till around 8:00. I'll DVR the first hour though and watch it back. I know that Taylor Swift is opening the show, and there will also be performances by Jamey Johnson with Kid Rock, Vince Gill with Chris Daughtry, and Brooks & Dunn in one of their last performances together with ZZ Top. Should be a good show. As far as my picks go:
Entertainer of the year--Kenny Chesney
Female Vocalist--Carrie Underwood
New Artist--Darrius Rucker
Male Vocalist--Kenny Chesney
Song of the year--In Color
Album of the Year--Taylor Swift, Fearless
Single of the Year--Chicken Fried--Zac Brown Band

There are a few others, but those are the Majors. I'll be anxious to see how everyone 'sounds'.. You can always tell the great vocalists from the ones who need a little 'audio help'. I haven't heard what Sugarland is going to perform yet, but Jennifer Nettles always knocks it out of the park..When she sang "Stay" a few years ago, I couldn't tear my eyes away!!

Too bad that ONCE AGAIN Gary Allan & Trace Adkins got shut out..What a pile of crap. That always irritates me.. Well have fun watching the show, lets compare tomorrow and discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment