Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Monday

So James Ayers sent this to me yesterday. Apparently a little dog showed up on his porch yesterday, and he's never home, so he's trying to find it a home. He is part Chihuahua, and the vet believes him to be 8 months old. He has no microchip, and showed up with no collar. He is very timid, but appears to be a great little dog. If you can give him a home this Thanksgiving, email James at james.a@tylermedia.com. He's off this week, but he will be checking his email.

I had a great weekend of doing nothing but Watching Movies. Saturday Lauren & I went to see "Precious".. It was a movie that Oprah was raving about with the comic, Monique in it..but it is NOT a comedy, so don't go see it thinking that it is..Its a good movie, but VERY dark, and sad..Its worth seeing, but its a very DARK DARK movie..So If you are looking for something uplifting & Upbeat..This is NOT it..

Then after that one we went to see "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock & Tim Mcgraw..It was SOOO good! I'm serious..You have to go see this movie! Its uplifting, amazing, and based on a true story! You will probably shed a few tears, but its good tears, and it will make you feel happy that there are still some good people left in the world!

Afterwards we did a little Christmas shopping..The second I stepped into the mall there was an amazing Christmas smell permeating the air..The closer I walked to the movies..the stronger it got till I finally realized where it was coming from: Bath & Body Works!! So I went right up to the sales girl and asked which magical smell was burning. Well it was a candle called "Fresh Balsom".. MM MM MM!! It smelled just like Yummy Christmas tree winter magic!! So I went ahead and bought the oil to burn in my oil burner thingy, and the Wallflowers that plug into my Wallflower holder. Now my house smells like a Winter Wonderland!! We also walked by Victoria's secret where they had some really cute Velour Track suits..but some of the pants had words written on the butt.. Hello, I don't need someone reading words on my butt! I spend half the time trying to cover up my butt, so why would I write "JUICY" on it? I think if you look at it long enough maybe "JUICY" or "THICK" will come to mind..lol...

Can you believe a Year ago My little Payslee was just about ready to come home with me!! Now she's my beautiful, little shih-tzu girl!! Time flies!

I told this on the air this morning:
PHONES IN CHURCHES

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country.
He started by flying to San Francisco and started working east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute.."
Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to GOD. The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Milwaukee, and many cities and towns all around the United States, he found more phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Oklahoma, upon entering a church in OKLAHOMA CITY, behold - he saw the usual golden telephone.
But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: 35 cents" Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to GOD, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call. Why?" The pastor, smiling broadly, replied, "Son, you're in OKLAHOMA now ... You're in God's Country. It's a local call."


KC's Gospel Greats CD






Prices



No comments:

Post a Comment