Monday, August 3, 2009

Mmm Mmm MM Toasty!


I went to target yesterday and spent $160 on healthy food..I will tell you, its way more expensive to try and be skinny, than fat!

Okay..moving on.. I had a great weekend. Mom's surprise birthday party was on Friday. The girls at her bank had setup a trip to bring her to OKC to the Warren to watch "Funny People" in the upstairs theatre.. I arrived early to help another girl, Rene' order the food so that everything would be in place when they got there.. The food was delcious, and Mom was very excited to see us all.. But.. But.. The movie.. The Movie was entertaining. I actually thought it was funny, but there were several of the women who thought they needed to take a shower after watching it! It had some of the crudest sexually explicit jokes ever, and the cussing was never-ending! I dont know what was funnier, the movie, or watching some folks try to count how many cuss words they heard!! lol.. The whole thing was just a bit ridiculous.. but it kept making me laugh. Its like watching an "R" rated movie with your parents for the first time.. lol.. The movie should have been rated like RR.. Keep that in mind if you are planning on seeing it.

Afterwards the girls blind-folded mom and took her to the Renassciance where my dad was waiting for her with flowers & Chocolates. She was so surprised! It was great.. So my parents ended up spending the weekend up here. On Saturday we went BACK to the Warren and saw "The Ugly Truth" it was rated "R"..but not as "R" as Funny People! It was a cute, romantic comedy.. and I love the Warren Theatre..

After that we had supper at the Paseo Grill.. WOWZA! That was some of the best food I've ever had in my life! Mom had an amazing Pear/Spinach salad with glazed Wal-Nuts..They also brought us out some fried green beans, which were delish..For our entree' I had the fillet, with Mushrooms lightly sautéed in butter with fresh Garlic and Shallots topped with a Filet of Beef Tenderloin and finished with Beurre Marchand de Vin, and grilled grean beans..OOOO..SO GOOD! Mom had the Vegetarian Platter:Orzo & Pine Nut Pilaf, Sautéed Spinach, Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar & Bleu Cheese, Fresh Cucumber Salad and Glazed Carrots. Steve had the Surf & Turf: 6 oz. Filet of Beef Tenderloin topped with one Diver Sea Scallop and Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, finished with Saffron infused Beurre Blanc. Served with Mashed Potatoes and Glazed Carrots. (I took the descriptions off their menu..thank you). But man! It was soo good.. Then after you are finished they bring you these little dessert cups with mixed fruit, and whipped cream..They even leave a pair of reading glasses on the table so (folks that need them) can read the menu! I'm giving the Paseo Grill.. 5 STARS!~


I didn't do much yesterday, other than spend all my money at target..and this morning I woke up to Rally laying dang near ON my head, because he was scared of the storms..Now I'm trying to watch them on webcam, and realize that in his terror, Rally knocked down the petgates to the kitchen, and I cant see Payslee so Now I'm paranoid that she is racing about the house, or hurt.. Gaw.. I'm waaay to paranoid!

No comments:

Post a Comment